Saturday, January 13, 2018

another begining (transfers!)



December 23, 2017

So this week was a pretty normal week in the office (which is still pretty crazy):

1. So we received a good amount of new missionaries from the CCM this last Tuesday after sending off a really good group back home. It was kinda sad to see some of those missionaries go because of all of the good times that we have had together being leaders and everything but this new group that came in is going to be a really good group. 

2. So this last Sunday Elder Stoliker wanted to do some sort of musical number during sacrament meeting and so on Saturday night he confirms the thing and we have literally nothing planned besides that we are going to sing something. So he decides that we should do something with Hark the Herald angels sing. And with all of our musical knowledge we come up with something on the spot. Apparently it turned out really good and everybody loved it. I am going to send the video we took afterwards. I hope that you guys love it. 

3. So yesterday was pretty hectic. So being the operations secretary I am in charge of all of the packages that come in and out. So that means that I have to go and pick up the really big packages from the office. Being the week before Christmas I decided to save everything until yesterday to go and pick up so that I can pick up the majority of the packages that are coming in before Christmas. I show up there thinking that I am going to end up picking up like 5 packages that are a pretty good size. Turns out that I was picking up 8 packages that were bigger than normal. It must have been pretty weird to see two gringos walking out of a mailing office with some packages that are probably double their size. 

So, for being a pretty hectic week I am very surprised that I got some study time in. And being the Christmas season I decided to study about the life of Jesus Christ. And during this time I watched all of the Bible videos from the birth of him to when he was crucified. In all of these videos there was one in particular that caught my attention. The title of it is "To this end was I born." Truly he did come to save his people. During his entire mortal ministry He took no thought of himself. He came to teach us, to guide us, to love us, to die for us. This week we have the opportunity to remember the time he came to begin his mortal ministry. Let us remember him this Christmas and to celebrate the time that he came to end up doing all that he did so that we may not be lost. 

Merry Christmas!
Elder Garbett​