Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Final Round

August 27, 2018

Well this week turned out to be pretty good.

1. This last Thursday we had an activity that turned out to be pretty delicious. We called it noche de postres (dessert night) and we had everybody bring some sort of dessert that they wanted to share. My companion and I decided to jump in on it too and so we made crepes (sorry I didn't take pictures). But the purpose of that was so that the groupo familiar could all get to know one another. And afterwards we saw a bunch of people talking and friendships being made so I think mission accomplished.

2. Well last night was transfer night and while we were eating dinner we received a call from Presidente. I answered it and president gave us the news that my companion was leaving to train a missionary in Matazango (part of Monterrico. MY OLD AREA!) and that I am going to be training also this transfer!!!!!! I am going to train somebody in the same area that I was trained in! 

3. So as a farewell to my companion and another missionary in our room we decided to get up today at around 6 to go climb up the hill with the cross on top. It was cool to go back up again but I found my mark I made in the wall up there. It´s disappearing and it was kinda tough to see but it´s still surviving. 

Well this week turned out to be pretty good. But I think that the highlight for this week was that as we were going to the church building to have ward council, we were stopped by a member who had a reference for us to visit who had attended church that day. So we talked to her and took out an appointment. We ended up stopping by and we visited with Rosita. She told us about how she had recently gotten really sick and ever since then has never really felt peace. And so since then she has been searching for God to have that peace. She had tried to go to other churches but she hasn't felt the fullness of that peace. As we spoke with her the spirit was so strong and Rosita felt that she was getting closer to that peace that she is looking for. She accepted a baptismal date and is super escogida! MILAGROS SE ESTAN PASANDO!

miss ya,
Elder Garbett