Thursday, December 1, 2016

Second to last week in the CCM

November 30, 2016

Wow. I know I say it every time but this week was definitely the best week I've ever had. You can all judge for yourself if it was:

1. Thanksgiving was this week and in our district meeting we had, after the Live video with Neil L. Anderson, we all went around and said what we were grateful for. Super spiritual and totally strengthened my relationship with my district. I feel like I've known all of them for my entire life. 
2. We had a Christmas devotional yesterday and Elder Montoya of the Seventy spoke to us in complete Spanish. I decided to trust in my Spanish and not take a translating device thingie. I got the jist of things but what I learned the most was that as long as I can bring the spirit into the lesson it doesn't matter how bad my Spanish is. Which is kinda relieving. 
3. My mission president (President Boswell) was at the devotional so I got to talk with him afterwards for a while. Apparently next Tuesday everyone that´s going to Lima East Mission is going to the church building right next to the CCM, have some training and some lunch with President Boswell, get assigned to our new companions and go out to our areas that afternoon!  

This last Sunday was super spiritual. I didn't speak this week (which I neglected to mention in my last email. I spoke that Sunday and it was all in complete Spanish. Super proud of myself) but President Moore showed us the video ´´The Testaments.´´ It´s pretty much about the Nephites in 3rd Nephi and Christ coming and ministering to them. It made me realize that no matter what we do that Christ is always there to help us. And he wants to help us. He´ll do anything to help us whether it´s through the Book of Mormon or prayer or even attending sacrament meeting. He died on the cross for us and he is there and will always be there for us. He´s done his part and is waiting for us to do our part so that he can do the rest. 
I love you all and I love hearing from you.
Elder Garbett
CCM Buds

Thanksgiving at the CCM

En Vogue

Selfie