Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 4

November 23, 2016

Man what an exciting week. Here are some of my highlights:

1. I got my bags which was pretty cool
2. One of my roommates has been so excited that I had peanut butter that he bought my jiff jar off of me for 70 soles. I feel really bad about it but he's really excited about having it. 
3. We went proselyting and I thought it was super cool. It went a lot better than I thought it would.

So for the past couple of days Rolando has had it pretty rough. Actually more like he's being rough on us. In the next lesson (meaning the one after we asked him to be baptized) he said that he was really into smoking and hanging out and partying with girls. But he said he wanted to change. So Elder Draney and I decided to teach him the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity next. Once we knocked he had us come in and after he asked my question, How was your day, He straight up asked us if we could say a prayer right there. My companion and I looked at each other and was like OK that's weird. But straight after that he started saying that he really wanted to change. We had no idea what we were going to do to help him so Elder Draney started to share some scriptures with him from second Nephi. I just kept sitting there wondering what we were going to share because I could feel that what Elder Draney was saying wasn't what Rolando needed to hear. I immediately got this feeling to open my Book of Mormon and share what was in there. I can't remember exactly where it is in the Book of Mormon but it was the story when Alma is teaching his son Helaman about his conversion story and seeing the angel. After we shared that story with Rolando everything went quiet And I knew it was right for him then. Tonight we are going to see what has happened to Rolando because that story is from our last lesson. 
I know that the Book of Mormon is true. And I know that the Holy Ghost helps lead us and guide us throughout our lives. And I know that I am nothing without him so I need to constantly keep being worthy to have him in my life. 
I Love you all,
Elder Garbett
Twins!

Sweater Selfie

PEANUT BUTTER!