Monday, January 23, 2017

First week of second cambio

January 23, 2017

Wow my week went by pretty good. Here are some of my highlights:

1. My mission bro (Elder Farnsworth) came to our room and right off the bat started burning Elder Salazar and I was like "bro I like your style!" because before I couldn't get Elder Salazar at all because he uses the bible to get at me. You seriously need to know the bible in our room or you will never win the conversation. 
2. I found out that my favorite drink out here has caffeine in it and I was soo sad. So now I have to go with sprite all the time. :/
3. We had a confirmation yesterday with William. (he wasn't confirmed last week because we had stake conference) and it took him like 10 minutes to figure out who he wanted to confirm him and then he said "the gringo." and I`m like  -_-
4. After church the music chairman (more like woman) came up to Elder Farnsworth and asked him if he could play the piano. After He said no she then turned to me and asked me if I could. I said yes and then she said "Why didn't you tell me before?" And I`m like -_- really? You ask Elder F. right when he gets here and you don`t ask me till the next cambio. 

Well I think that my biggest highlight this week was the meeting with Elder Cook!! Man that guy is sooo great! but I think that the best thing that he told us was about rejection. Recently a few weeks ago in the middle of the night Elder Salazar and I decided to contact a little before we went back to the room but our first door we came up to I knocked at the open window and I started to say "Somos missionaros de la...." and then he just shut the door. I was so shocked and depressed that he just slammed the window in my face that it took Elder Salazar at least 5 minuets to tear my eyes from that window. I have been so scared to contact since then but Elder Cook said that we were going to face rejection throughout our whole mission. And that even though people might not accept us now, they will sometime down the road because this is such a great gospel. And then he blessed us that we may be able to face the rejection and realize that God loves them no matter what. Ever since then I can`t believe how much contacts I have gotten in myself. It`s really a huge confidence booster. I love you all and miss you tons.

Elder Garbett

p.s sorry about having no pictures this week I've been really focusing on the work that I forget about the camera in my bag. :/