Monday, January 16, 2017

End of Cambio

January 16, 2017

Wow I can´t believe that it´s already been six weeks since I left the CCM. My Highlights this week:

1. we found out about transfers and I get to keep Elder Salazar for another cambio :D 
2. Also we found out that one of the elders in our room is going to get another elder that Elder Salazar also trained. so that means i´m gonna have one of my mission brothers in my room
3. Elder Salazar tried to provoke a dog to start barking at us instead of a little cat but he instead got the cat to start following him. It was hilarious because elder Salazar is allergic and he has a phobia of cats. 

Ok so I don´t know if any of you remember the kid who we found last week during church who wasn't baptized but here is his story. So his name is William and he is 9 years old  but he hasn't been baptized yet because his dad isn't worthy. That tends to be the thing out here. Most kids that aren't baptized out here it's because their dad either isn't a member or isn't worthy. So since William was nine he was pretty much ours. 
So Elder Salazar and I worked our butts off to be able to teach him all of the lessons in five days. Well with the help of the Lord (and some Mormon made simple videos) we were able to baptize William this last Saturday. 
I am grateful to be out here and to serve the Lord. I love you all so much,
Elder Garbett
 
William's Baptism
 



 
 Elder Garbett and Elder Marcias (on splits)


 First Zone in the Field