Saturday, January 13, 2018

Last week before transfers

 September 18, 2017

Well this week went by really slow for me. Let´s just say that a lot of contacting in the same places in the area can just become super boring in like 5 minutes. But like every week it has it's ups and it´s downs. Like for example, this week we had interviews with President and Hermana Amato. It was super great to get to know President a little more because the first interview that I had with him was with his wife too.

But really I think that the highlight this week was from yesterday. One of the counselors to president Amato (president Delgado) came to our church hours this Sunday. And just to be lucky too I had a talk to give that day. Pretty much I talked about the family history of the Garbetts and how the ward can help the missionaries find more people. After me President Delgado had the chance to speak a little bit about the mission work also. In my talk I talked about a statistic that one out of every child usually becomes less active but in his talk, President Delgado included the statistic of lost children before this life (one third). That really made me think a lot about how great the work is because many people have already been lost and it is our duty to bring as many others back so that they will not be lost.

miss you all tons,
Elder Garbett