Saturday, January 13, 2018

rise and shine!!!!!!!

September 11, 2017

Well this week was awesome:

1. Well, there is like this giant hill in our area right, and so we decided that we should go up there for a day. Well that was an interesting morning because I think I received more rejection there than I have in my entire mission. But we kept going and in the end of the morning just before we headed down to lunch we decided to knock on one more door. We contacted the guy and he invited us inside and we talked to him and his dad. Then after the lesson and everything we asked the guy whom we contacted to give the prayer. It wasn't very much but what he said was interesting. He pretty much said that about 5 minutes before we knocked on his door he was praying asking God to send somebody like us. 😦 (mind blown) 

2. We had our first multi-zone with president Amato. It was pretty kool (when President and Hermana Amato spoke) but I think especially I learned tons when Hermana Amato spoke. She pretty much talked about keep going when the going gets tough. Me Levantaré

3. Now we know that my mission is huge! There are like almost 200 missionaries in this mission. So usually when we take pictures with president as a mission we do it in two pictures, one with 5 different zones and another with the other 5 zones. But this time was different. We were all out on the concrete court (for soccer) and the personal secretary for president got up and started to tell us which zone would be first. As he was calling us up President stopped him from the crowd of missionaries and asked him why he was doing that. The elder told him that it was not possible to do it as a mission and then president´s next response exploded the entire mission into laughter. ´´You don´t have Faith?´´ and so then we got one picture with the entire mission. Now there is faith working there. 

Well the highlight of this week I will say was that we had the opportunity to meet with Elder Oaks this last Saturday. Really it was super great to be in that room with him as he spoke to us about our purpose as missionaries. We all know what the objective is as a missionary to teach everyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end). But he also told us that there are some missionaries who think that it is to convert people to the church. But it isn't. Our purpose is to convert to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Really that made me think a lot. Am I really converted to the gospel? or just the stuff that is in the church like the activities or the good times with the other members. Really I am so glad to say that I am converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. truly without this gospel I probably wouldn't be doing what I am doing now and I would probably be doing different things.

I love you all tons,
Elder Garbett