Saturday, January 13, 2018

What happened this week?

 December 9, 2017

Either I am having some memory loss right now or literally nothing happened. Let´s see if I can remember something:

1. Ok so first thing that I do remember is that I have a ton of packages waiting at the mail office for me to pick up. You can really tell that the Christmas season is starting because everybody´s family are sending packages to their missionary. But the thing is is that the mailing office is being super stubborn with their working hours. I have already tried to go there twice and they are just always closed and it kinda stinks because the place is super far from the office and I need to be able to plan my schedule out the be able to take 3 hours to go there. *tis the season to be jolly, falalalalalalalala.*

2. Me and Elder Hidalgo went down to a place where we can buy a bunch of stuff for super cheap. Being on duty in the office I went down there with the intent of buying stuff for the new missionaries that will be coming in after next week. But Elder Hidalgo had to go there because Hermana Amato wanted us to get a fake Christmas tree for the Christmas activity that is coming up this week. After we got back he set it up downstairs and put a bunch of contact cards on it. I mean I really haven´t felt any kind of holiday spirit this year but after he did that it just made things feel a little better. 

3. Oh yeah! I almost forgot. So being the operations secretary I am in charge of making sure everything works in the office like it should be. So this week the printer stopped working. So I tried to contact the place to see if we could get a technician out to help us out but as of now nobody has answered me. So I started to try to figure the thing out myself. I got it to work once for some reason but after awhile it stopped working again. So retracing my steps I ended up figuring out how to fix it for a bit but I found out that it would stop working was because the factory sent us a bad ink cartridge which I was pretty mad about. So I was (still am) pretty proud that I figured that out.

Well it took me awhile but it looks like I did at least something this week. But I think that the highlight (which was the only thing that stuck out to me in the beginning) was the Christmas party that the ward had this week. We really haven´t had any luck in finding people recently but we just had faith that somebody would show up to the party that we could contact. We saw a ton of miracles that day. Not only had ours prayers been answered about finding people but we had an old investigator who was super close to being baptized not only show up but also sat at the table with the area presidency (Elders Carlos Godoy, Falabella, and Montoya) and in the end the elders were able to get an appointment with him. The activity was super great and I think that everyone there was glad that they came.

love you all tons,
Elder Garbett