Monday, February 5, 2018

Week of the conferences

Jan 20, 2018

This week ended up being pretty busy. We had Multi-zone conferences and because President Godoy told us to, they ended up being three different days and so we had to run:

1. The first day was probably the worst. That morning our terma (the water heating system) broke down and took out all of our electricity in our room. So we ended up not having electricity during the entire week until last night, so that was tough. Also an hour before everything was going to start, President and the assistants started to call me asking me where the mission's projector was. Apparently they lost it and it was my job to find another way for them to do their presentations. But by pushing the meeting back a half hour, breaking into some stake offices, and trying to learn how to use a hanging projector that was 20 feet above my head, I eventually solved the problem and after the meeting found the mission's projector in the assistant's room. ðŸ˜‘ 

2. Well the second day went a bit smoother but as the operations secretary I need to go out and buy break (some juice, cookies, and fruit) for everybody in the conferences. So I went out and like normal bought a little more than enough for the three zones that were coming. I ended up getting back and I set up enough for one zone because we always split up by zones and it makes things easier. Well President decided to do something new that day and told everybody that they all were going to do it at the same time. So I was waiting there and my companion comes running down the hall to tell me that the entire zombie apocalypse was coming and that we had to do it all super fast. In the meantime while everyone was coming in I thought "how strange. It looks like there is a lot more people here than three zones." Little did I realize that the plans were changed and four zones ended up coming to the meeting that day and I didn't have enough break for everyone. Luckily no one noticed. ðŸ˜Œ

Well this week was pretty busy. I didn't think that I was going to have something spiritual or missionary like to tell you all this week but it turns out that something happened from yesterday in the middle of all of our rush. So we received a call from the MTC saying that one of our zones leaders at the conference had a package for us to deliver to the MTC. So being the package man in the mission, it was my responsibility to take it there. So we went there and dropped off the package and the front desk man asked who was the referral secretary. Being me he wanted to give us some referrals for us to contact. One was for one of my last areaa I was in and the other was for us. Lia (the investigator) works at the MTC in the lunch room. And right before President and Sister Moore went back home they invited her to listen to the missionaries. She said yes and wants us to visit her right in the MTC. We were able to take that chance and go down to the lunch room in that moment and take out an appointment to visit with her and we are going to visit her this next Monday. Truly the Lord has been blessing us with miracles. By what I have seen here in the office is that as you work hard to keep up with all of your responsibilities the Lord will bless you with success. 

I love you all tons,
Elder Garbett