Saturday, January 13, 2018

New year, New office

January 13, 2018


Well this mass email is going to be a bit short. I am going to send a video showing you all what I pretty much ended up doing the entire week with some pictures. I hope you all enjoy it.


But this week we actually had a lesson with some progressing investigators. Here in the office It is tough to find people who will actually progress and so when you do find someone who will you don´t want to mess up or bring anything new into your lesson. Well my companion and I decided to try a new tactic in our lessons. President Amato has been telling us that we need to help investigators realize that they can feel the spirit that we bring into their home, by reading the Book of Mormon. So we decided to break the norm and just teach lesson one right out of the Book of Mormon and not use the lesson pamphlet. A COMPLETELY new tactic. Of course it went a little rough and in the end we decided that we needed to improve it a little more, but we both agreed that it was one of the most spiritual lessons that we have ever given in our missions. I think that the thing that I took the most out of that lesson was that the Book of Mormon really is one of the main tools that God uses to send his spirit to touch the hearts of man. Like Joseph Smith said ´´a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts...´´ I truly testify of these things. Inside of that book we can find his spirit and feel it daily if we read it.

Miss you tons,
Elder Garbett

p.s we had emergency transfers and all of the last secretaries and assistants that President Boswell had called into the office left this week. Now we have a new generation in the office.
A New Generation




So it wouldn't fit in the last email but here is pretty much what I did in the office all week. I am super proud about it. and the pictures are some before pictures and I pretty much did an after video.