Monday, February 5, 2018

Week one of the transfers

February 3, 2018

Wow. this week was super tough. There was a lot of work to do:

1. Well we had around 10 missionaries come into the field today. Everything was going great until I had to go down to the doctor for a missionary with feet problems and I forgot to take all of the blankets and pillows down to the church. Because I forgot about that I had to make sure that all of the new missionaries had their stuff before 10:30 at night (when I got back to start I had like 3 hours to get it done). I don´t know how I did it but all of the stuff got out to all of the missionaries in their areas.

2. So recently I have gotten all of the office organized and some-what clean. But now I have been working with Hermana Amato and her kids and we have really been cracking down on this office. Now we just need to get all the supplies in here and figure out where they could go in an organized manner.

3. Yesterday was really tough though. So there are some supplies that the mission needs that you can't get from the church (ex. blankets, termas, office supplies, etc.) and so we had to go down to a place where we could find all of that. Just to like explain what it is, it is pretty much an outdoor market place but super unorganized and no where to park. Meaning that everything that we bought, we had to carry. We were there for like 5 hours trying to carry 50 bed covers, 50 pillows, and back packs full of USBs and stuff like that. Eventually president showed up to help us but because they were going to charge him almost 100 soles to park we decided to load everything we had in his car and my companion and I would continue shopping. It was a long day.

Well being the first week of the transfer and the beginning of a month things were super crazy. All of our appointments were cancelled due to emergencies that were going on. ðŸ˜¥ But one amazing thing that happened was that when all of the new missionaries come out of the CCM to go into their mission, the CCM president and wife come out to make sure that everything goes smoothly. SO that meant that I got to see President and Sister Ellsworth from my ward back in Arizona! WOW! That was super amazing to see them again and even though it was like 2 minutes, it was amazing. Just something I thought was the best part of my week.

Miss you tons,
Elder Garbett