Wednesday, August 8, 2018

FELIZ DÍA DE MADRE!!!!!!!!!

May 14, 2018

Well this week turned out to be pretty interesting:

1. Well first off this week we had a encounter with a crazy guy, drunk guy and a atheist in the same day. The crazy guy kept pointing at my name tag and kept saying "to all the world!" and right at the end I think he might have tried to curse us by saying "apocalipses." The Drunk guy kept yelling in my companion´s face trying to get us to take his address and visit him and then in the end gave me a hug that lasted like 2 minutes (we went by my pensions place after that so I could drop off my sweater so she could wash it). and the Atheist had a argument with my companion about how we all evolved (not like pokemon) from different colored monkeys. (whites evolved from white monkeys. Browns evolved from brown monkeys. and blacks from black monkeys). That was a pretty interesting day.

2. So for Mother´s day the bishopric decided to do a fireside for all of the mothers in the ward and that no men were allowed unless they were invited by the Bishopric. Because I have such fantastic piano skills (and because I am the only one who knows how to play) my companion and I were invited to this fireside. It was pretty interesting I mean the 2 counselor to the bishop showed some cute cheesy videos from the church and then spoke about the mothers of the army of helaman. I mean I have heard all of those before but that just made me super trunky for my call home the next day. 

3. So in this area we usually don´t show up to church in our suits. I usually just wear my sweater and try to look nice (not too hard. I just need to look like a gringo). But this week Elder Mayhua decided to show up in his suit. When asked why he wore it he joked and said that he was going to be giving a talk in church. Knowing him he hadn't ever given a talk before and I knew that if he did he would be super worried. In the middle of the sacrament the 1st counselor to the bishop got up and walked right to my companion and said something in his ear. Right after that quick conversation was over my companion quickly ripped open his bag and pulled out his scriptures. He was asked to give a quick talk about the holy ghost. 😂😂😂😂😂

Well Probably last night was the highlight of my week. After having some technical difficulties I finally got to Skype home for my last time. It was great to see everybody and to be able to talk to them for a bit. I hope that everyone had a great day yesterday and I like to wish everyone a Happy Mother´s day!

With love,