Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Un Testimonio Sincero

May 7, 2018

Well this week turned out to be an alright week. My first week in the field where I have field stress and it turned out to be pretty good:

1. So First off we had interviews with President. It´s kinda funny to know how president works and be in the field. For example the mission leaders told us that President was going to be starting interviews at 9 in the morning. So I knew that usually president starts interviews at 10 and he would most likely be starting interviews around 10:20. So I wasn't really stressed out when we showed up at the building at 9:20. When we showed up everyone was already there waiting for president and right then the zone leaders told us that they received a text from president saying that he wasn't going to be there until 10:40. then I said that he wouldn't be there until 10:50. and then lo and behold in came president at exactly 10:47😝

2. during our baptism this week I had to create and direct the meeting because our ward mission leader (even though he has quite some time in his calling) does not know very much on what he is supposed to do. 😓 So I was completely fine about doing it. I mean it can´t be harder than giving a training about how to update your referrals right? Well right after the actual ordinance I realized that I had forgotten to plan something for the time that we were waiting for the others to change. So as I  walked up to the "pulpit" I was literally freaking out in my head. I knew that I could bear my testimony but that was not going to be enough time. So Right when I got up there I looked up and saw all of the youth from seminary sitting in the back and right then... PERSONAL REVELATION! Afterwards Bishop thanked me for giving the youth an opportunity to share their testimony but I think that from now on all of the youth are going to go outside and play soccer instead of attending the baptismal service😜

3. Yesterday we had a meeting with president and all of the bishoprics in our stake to talk about and implement the new program that President and Elder Dahl have been working on to help us keep track of converts a lot easier. After president was through talking He invited each one of the bishops to go up and create an account to get started and so that we could help him to navigate. As soon as our bishop came back he had exited out of it on his phone and stuck his phone in his pocket. When he decided to sign back in he went to the page and put in his email and then paused for a second. When my companion asked him what happened Bishop said, "I forgot my new password." 😂

Well this week was pretty awesome. Our most recent convert (who got baptized on her birthday) was super excited to get baptized. Her name is Jhoselyn and she now is 9 years old. When I had her get up to bear her testimony she started to cry and she bore one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard from a child her age. She was so happy that she could be a member of this church because of all of the joy and peace that she could feel from it. She knew that families could be together forever and how she was going to start working with her parents to get reactivated and so that they could go as a family to be sealed in the temple. 

I love you all,
Elder Garbett