Wednesday, August 8, 2018

In the Field again!

April 30, 2018

Well As my title states I am out of the offices and I am in the field again! And right off the bat I am finishing the training of a new missionary! His name is Elder Mayhua and he is from Puno, PerĂº! He is 24 years old and is super awesome. I am Super excited to be back out in the field again! We went out and worked our butts off and we potentially have 5 people who will be baptized this next month!

1. Well back in the office you usually get up a lot earlier than normal. So I have been super comfortable of going back to sleeping in until 7:30. But recently I think that somebody got a new dog somewhere where we live. So almost every morning around 5:30 the dog starts to whine and all of the dogs on the block start to bark. 

2. Well it seems like I've come back to my first area but worse. We live on the 5th floor of the building and here in Peru the higher you live the less water pressure there is. I've had to use a bucket of water for the past couple of days because there wasn't enough water pressure. 

3. There is no pianist here in the ward. So guess who gets to play the piano every Sunday on a untuned piano. THIS GUY! Apparently last week the bishopric got changed and there is a new bishop here in the ward. And when he found out that I played the piano he asked me if I could give piano lessons to some of the young men so that when I leave they would still have somebody to be able to play the piano. So I might be giving some piano lessons soon.

Well, like I said I am super excited to be back out in the field. It´s kinda interesting to know everything that I know from the office and to be out in the field. I am super grateful to have had the opportunity to serve in the office. I truly did learn a lot of things. But now I am in the field and I am excited to continue to serve the Lord in the calling that I was called to be in.

Miss you all tons,
Elder Garbett

Transfer day!!!