Tuesday, September 4, 2018

First week back

July 23, 2018

THIS WEEK WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!

1. First off I am going to give a little background on what things are like here. Amauta before was San Gregorio 2. But now it has been split and there is a grupo familiar going on here (it´s a official group where the Bishop has given permission to do all of the regular church meetings) and the plan is that this grupo familiar can become a branch. The week before I came here there was a attendance of 44 people. This week we worked hard and had an attendance of 63 people! I´m hoping that I will be able to stay here for my last transfer because I have already done my goals and Amauta will become a ward before I go home. There are a lot of less active members (and I mean a ton) up in these hills and we need to work miracles to be able to find them because they aren't in the directory anymore. 

2. We had an amazing family home evening here in the grupo familiar. We all decided to scale the tallest hill in all of Amauta and do the family home evening. At first I didn't think a lot of people would want to climb the hill. But we had an attendance of about 20 people there and it was absolutely amazing. 

3. We also had a baptism this week. Her name is Deisi and she is escogidaso. We did the baptism in the stake center because there was a stake activity right after the baptism. Also the Elders from San Gregorio had 2 baptisms and so we decided to do it with them. 

Well first day back in my birth area my companion pretty much had plans that we would go visit my converts and other people that I knew. At first it was cool. But then I started to realize that all of these people are active and pretty strong in the church. So I started to wonder why I was here and in the meantime I started contacting (something that I never really did here in my training. Oops!). In the plans we had put that we would find 2 new chosen investigators but we really didn't have anybody planned to become those 2. So as we were door visiting one of my converts, somebody passed by us and I got this feeling to contact them. One of them was kinda a "no pasa nada!" and the other seemed pretty interested but I wasn't sure if she was a chosen or not. So I took out a appointment to visit her another day and we split. After about 2 minutes she returned and asked if we could visit her that day. Our schedule was pretty packed but I said that if any of the lessons fell through we would call her and visit her. Well after that all of the appointments fell through and so we decided to visit her. We eventually showed up and even though we were almost late to the room (😌) we found 3 new investigators and 2 with a baptismal date!
 
 I´ve got a couple of pictures to send from the last week also. With the cake is my old companion Elder Serrano. In the baptism is Elder Sáenz, Elder Lewis (new missionary from this transfer) and my companion now Elder Marino (Argentino). Elder Marino doesn't have the "che" accent but I am trying to get that out of him right now. 
 




 


CALLCITO!!!!!