Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week 2 Report

November 9, 2016

Hey guys!                                                  

        So week two was a lot better than week one. Unfortunately my bags haven't come in yet. I'm pretty sure that they won't ever come in. But I'm fine with that, Hermana Moore (the presidente's wife) has supplied me with all that I need. After your first eleven days in the CCM one of the branch presidency gets to interview you. I got to be interviewed by Elder Burton and instead of calling me by my last name he remembered me by bag man. His first question to me was what I missed the most from my bags. And in all honesty I could have (and should have) said something different but I told him the peanut butter that we packed in my bags. The next day a whole bunch of us went to Interpol to get our visas (which was super boring. We stood around for 4 hours for a 5 minute process) and by the time we got back my companion and I decided to head to our class to grab some stuff. On my desk was a grocery bag and inside was some peanut butter. I love Elder Burton!!!!

        I've noticed one thing about the whole gift of tongues thing for me. I don't have it. But one thing that I do like about it is that I'm gaining it ever so slowly. But what sucks about it is that I know I have the interpretation of tongues so I can understand exactly what people are saying in Spanish but I can't say what I want to say. All in all it gets pretty frustrating but I can see it improving every day. 

         After I got to email all of you last week a couple of our districts got to go to the Lima temple. That place is so tiny! Everything during the session was in English for our sake but I got to do some of the stuff in Spanish! It was so awesome and I felt the spirit a lot. The Celestial room was tiny and I had to wait almost a half hour for my companion to finish his session cuz we got split but I will say the wait was worth it. 

          Afterwards we got to take some pictures and there was a guy just outside the gate who was selling these really legit ties. I didn't get one but I'm really planning on doing it today. For the Elders on the third floor, ties are like the main item in the black market. Everyone will do anything for a tie that somebody else has. One guy spent twenty soles (which is like six and a half dollars) for a tie but he could have bought the same tie from that guy by the temple for 15 soles. 

          I'm really having fun out here serving the Lord and I know he is with me. I'd like to thank you all for your prayers for me. I have been able to feel them pushing me on. 

From,
Elder Garbett
                                                            
                                       Lima Temple Pics