Sunday, January 1, 2017

Feliz Navidad!!

December 26, 2016

 Well this week was pretty interesting. Here are some of my highlights:

1. I got to skype home which was pretty amazing. 
2. I got to act like Moses and I took a broom that we had in our room and smacked the water faucet that stopped working and immediately water started to gush out. 
3. I make a bomb of an omelet out here with eggs, cheese, hot dogs, and onions. 
4. We ate dinner at a members home this week and after I finished my plate the Hermana would ask me if I wanted more. So to be polite I said yes each time. I ended up eating like 9 things of meat, 2 potatoes, and a thing of corn. I can´t believe I didn't throw up on the way home that night. 
5. For Christmas here Peruvians stay up until 12 at night on the 24th and send up fireworks all night, open presents and eat a lot. We got up at 11:50 to watch the fireworks, open our presents and tried to go back to sleep. I think there was a reason why we only had one hour for church the next day. 

All in all this week was pretty good. I started to read out of the bible because apparently there are some people who will come up to you and start asking you questions from the bible and try to catch you in your words as the pharisees did with Jesus. I hadn't had that yet but I figured that I need to be prepared just in case. I have found that the bible is just as true as the Book of Mormon. I mean yeah I knew that the bible was the word of God but it wasn't as important to me as was the B.O.M. Just like President Thomas S. Monson said, the bible is enhanced when we ADD the Book of Mormon and it´s teachings to the bible. 
I miss you guys and I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas. 
From your elder in Lima East,
Elder Garbett
Rowan Claus


Service!!






Christmas Dinner

Elder Salazar (companion and trainer)


Members dog

Omelet!