Friday, April 21, 2017

I think that I am losing some wieght.

April 17, 2017

Well let me just say this week was absolutely tiring. I`ll tell you why after these:

1. Well first off we had transfers this last Tuesday and my new companion`s name is Elder Martin. He is so awesome. We work so hard and we really are harvesting the field. But apparently before the mission (he has 16 months) he had a contract to play professional futbol in Columbia. 
2. We had a baptism this week. His Name is Roberto and he truly is a golden investigator. He sought out the missionaries and every single time we talked to him about something he accepted it right there and started to live it. 
3. AHHHH man! We have like everything in our house. Everyone living in the apartments are members, our pension lives in one of the apartments, our pension`s husband is our ward mission leader, and our pension also does our laundry. I think I heard the choir of angels singing hallelujah when I heard these things.
4. Apparently we have a member of the seventy in our ward too. He spoke this Sunday and I was blown away. I didn't know he was a seventy until after his talk. If I knew that I would have taken notes. (and maybe guessed what his title was) ðŸ˜†

Ahh man this area is soooooo huge! Elder Martin is all about working hard. Apparently he opened the area last transfer and it was crap. But he and his first companion (the first two Elders in this area for the past 2 and a half years) started working the first week and totally flipped this area around. Usually the mind set is that if you go to a really rich area you hardly find anybody. Well it`s completely different here because truly everywhere you go it is ready and filled with people looking for the truth. We walk hard every single day. I think we walk at least 6 or 7 miles because our area is huge. I can definitely tell that I have lost weight. I am truly learning how to work hard here. So hard that when I get back to my room I practically go straight to bed because I am so tired. I think I`ll end with this. "For behold, the field is white. already to harvest. and Lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might layeth up in store and perisheth not, but bringeth salvation unto his soul."
I miss you all tons,
Elder Garbett
Pic of roommates from last area (Santa Anita) 





Robertos Baptism





Random Rowan Pic