Friday, April 21, 2017

"Strange things are happening" (an´t no doubt about it)

April 10, 2017

Well this week was the transfers and once again let me get to the appetizers before the main course:

1. We had two baptisms this week which was really awesome. I got to baptize one of them and then the Elder whose spot I took here came back and baptized the other. 
2. The other Elders in our room had splits with the assistants to the president and so one of them left for the day and my abuelo from the mission came to conduct the splits. So I got to spend a night with mí abuelo. 😁

Well let´s just say that before I came to this Zone (Santa Anita) President told my soon to be companion that he needed to teach me the area so that I would be able to lead it. So all I knew about what could possibly happen was that I was going to stay here and lead the area. Well that all changed when the Zone leaders called us and said that my companion would become the new assistant and that we need to make sure that there aren't any single males living in the same building as us. So that meant that we were going to close the area and hermanas were going to come to our area. Well later president called us personally (we both died, went to heaven, and then came back before the phone stopped ringing) and told Elder Pereira that he would be a zone leader in La Molina and gave him instructions on what he needed to do. Well then we had to wait to find out what was going to happen to me. Well after 3 painful hours we found out that yes, I am leaving and we are closing the area. I have no idea why I even came here to Santa Anita but it was for a reason and right now I just don´t know. The Lord works in mysterious ways but he knows what he is doing. 
 
I love you all,
Elder Garbett