Monday, May 8, 2017

Miracles truly happen

May 1, 2017

Well this week was pretty kool. Let`s start with the little stuff:

1. We are starting to come into the cold season. I haven`t taken a picture of it yet (nor any other picture. sorry) but it gets so cold here that around 2 or 3 in the afternoon part of the hill near our room is covered by clouds. The cold doesn't really bother me in the night but I've started to wear pants to bed. 
2. We had stake conference yesterday and our mission president and his wife spoke. Hermana Boswell spoke about reading the scriptures and how it helps strengthen our faith. Then our mission president got up and started to talk about the mission work as a member. Holy cow!!!! He spoke about how it is our responsibility to help bring souls unto Christ and to work hand in hand with the missionaries and the thing is that he is so powerful when he speaks that one of the youth that usually comes with us came up to us and told us, "Man am I glad that I go with you guys to your lessons." 

 But man this week we were getting ready to go do a service project and the phone rang. I picked it up and someone on the other line asked for "las Missionaras." when I told her that there were Elders in the area she asked me if we could visit her. We wrote down her address and then hung up. Not even a minute after that she called us back. She asked us if she could attend institute. When I heard that I thought I could hear the Hallelujah chorus. Right after all of that we looked in the area book to see if we could find her. But she wasn't in there so we went and found her. Oh my gosh! She is a chosen and then she actually attended church this Sunday. I don't know what we did for her to feel like she needed to call us but man it`s so awesome.

I love you all,
Elder Garbett