Tuesday, August 22, 2017

And here comes the stress

August 21, 2017

Well this week just changed my entire mission. Let´s start with these:

1. Well I showed up to my Area this week and found my first child. The first thing that I thought about him was that he looked just like Payton. Super tall and super lanky. Pretty much everything that he does is just like Payton. Sometimes I just sit there and laugh so much because they are so familiar. I am never going to forget about my first child. 

2. Well the ward isn't doing so well here. I showed up this last Tuesday and my companion told me that I had the best opportunity this week. Naturally I asked what is it and then he told me that I was going to give a talk this sacrament meeting. Well during the week I was trying to decide what I was going to talk about and during the week the ward mission leader didn't show up to correlation, and only the relief society president and the bishopric showed up to ward counsel. So naturally I got up and started to talk about ´´What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.´´ 

Wow like I told my last companion, this transfer is really going to test me if I can be a true missionary. First off I have to train a newbie. So that means if we screw up in something the blame naturally falls on me. Plus this also depends on how my new companion´s (Elder Ledezma) mission is going to turn out. Second is that the Ward here is truly going down the drain. There really isn't any excitement here in the ward. But I think that is why President sent me here. I am known as the animator here and I try to live up to that title. Really even though the ward here is crap, it just keeps giving me more motivation to keep on going. I truly want to change this area and make this transfer the transfer that I will never forget.
 
I love you all tons,
Elder Garbett