Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I'm going to have a kid!!!!!!

 August 14, 2017

I know the title is a bit extreme but it describes how this next transfer is going to be.

1. My companion went to a training this week to prepare him for returning home. Well we have a term here in the mission for missionaries who are thinking about home a lot and that term is that the missionary is tronky. and I will just say that my companion was super tronky after that but I think he paid for it because he got super sick the end of the next day. 😆

2. We had a weekly planning session as a zone and for breakfast we all made hamburgers!! Hamburgers and juice! Now that is how we do it as missionaries! Also we got these super awesome shirts as a Zone. 

3. We had a special conference this week that included all of Perú and Bolivia. Elder Cook, Elder Uceda, Elder Godoy, and sister McConkie spoke in it. It was super awesome and I loved the talk by Elder Uceda because he talked about how we need to keep our Celestial Traditions (Reading the scriptures, Praying often during the day, and Attending the temple). 

Well yesterday we received our transfers and well I am finally leaving Monterrico. I have literally spent almost half of my mission here and it hurts to leave here. But now I am going to leave and I am going to train my first missionary. I can´t believe that I am a trainer now. Now I need to take everything that I have learned and need to teach this new missionary how to do things. Really I don´t know if I am ready to do it but apparently the Lord thinks that I am ready so I will give it my all. 

Love you tons,
Elder Garbett
 
 **No I am not using glasses now. I was just using them from a missionary just for good looks. 
😜