Saturday, January 13, 2018

it is going down for real!

October 14, 2017

This week was absolutely amazing:

1. Well first off I can just say that I think that my time is up being a trainee. This week was the last week of my training as an operations secretary and my trainer was basically like, ok I taught you everything, you can do your thing and I am going to go do my thing. So really it was my time to shine this week and I think I did everything alright. 😁

2. So we had a very special guest this week come and talk to the entire mission about a ton of stuff. Elder Godoy (President of the South America northwest area) came to speak to all of us. I will get to the details of what he talked about but in relation as operation secretary I was running around like crazy getting everything ready. Lunch, tables, chairs for the picture, etc. the entire thing lasted 2 days and I was out for more than half of each of the meetings. 

3. So Elder Godoy is from Brazil and because he is from Brazil he knows Portuguese and so does my mission president. So during the lunch when we were there with them they were going full out Portuguese. It was kinda interesting because even though I didn't understand the entire thing word for word I understood pretty much the gist of what he was trying to say. 

Well pretty much as you can probably tell the highlight this week was President Godoy. He pretty much like focused on every fault that I have, opened my eyes about my faults, burned them all to ashes and told me what I have to do now. It was pretty interesting because I wasn't in there for a long time but then I got to eat lunch with him, we had a staff meeting with him, and then in the end all of that we had a leadership counsel where we placed goals for the mission. I think that was probably the best out of everything because I think that sometimes we as leaders think that we need to talk with president before we do anything. But Elder Godoy gave us an example from his mission when he was a zone leader. He had called his mission president with problems and pretty much his mission president said "ok elder what are you going to do? The Lord called you and he trusts you, and so do I" and then his mission president hung up. And then after that president Godoy started jumping up and down in joy (super weird by the way) but this meeting with president Godoy was absolutely the best.
 
miss you all,
Elder Garbett