Saturday, January 13, 2018

well long time no see?

October 28, 2017

Well it´s been awhile since I have gotten on hasn't it? I think that I am going to just write this differently this week.

Well the office here is pretty cool. This last week my trainer, Elder Flores, left the office and so I pretty much took over everything. I mean before I knew how to do things but if something popped up and it wasn't something that was in like in the handbook I just dropped it off to him and was like I don´t know how to do this. Now that he is gone I have to just pick it up and do it myself which I really love doing. I think that is one thing that I am going to learn here in the office because like I'm not always going to have someone to tell me what exactly I need to do so I like how I am like learning a bit more of initiative. 

Well this week (because my trainer left) we went to the airport to send a missionary home who decided to leave a week early and this missionary was my first companion in the mission field. My father! Elder Salazar was my first missionary that I took to the airport and it was super sad. We stood there for like 5 minutes hugging each other and I think everyone thought that we were gay but it probably was the saddest moment I will ever have on my mission. 

All in all the office is doing great! I am doing amazing with my first gringo companion (who is also from Arizona). I am literally running from place to place putting my whole heart into it and I am loving every single second. 

miss you all tons,
Elder Garbett