Saturday, January 13, 2018

Just one word: LIFE

 November 11, 2017

Just to sum up this week, it was super stressful:

1. Well this week was the first week of transfers so that meant that we had a group come on into the mission and it was a super huge group. I will just say like 15 new missionaries came on in. So that meant I had to get a lot of bags ready and buying food for the new missionaries and the trainings. aka a lot of running around. 

2. So my companion got his new replacement next transfer and is training him right now. So that means that I am in a trio and Elder Dahl (Elder Hidalgo's replacement) is going to be my new companion. Elder Dahl is like super cool and he is from Oregon. He´s got 15 months in the mission and he is super into computers. Like some of his projects right now (besides his training) is to program something that will make his job a lot easier. Super Bacanasaso! 

Well let me explain a little more in depth on the title. So a lot of things have been going down since I came in here. Like no other Operations secretary has done what I have done and I especially don´t like it. Like just to be on the low side I think that I actually fired my first guy and also I told off some missionary´s family because they were being super super super rude with us (which wasn't missionary conduct. Don´t do that on your mission. Trust me). But pretty much this week I was feeling pretty bad about those last two things that happened. But I got the chance to talk to President Amato about it and pretty much he told me that what I did was rational. Now was there something else that I could have done to make it better than it turned out to be? Obviously. But I think that one thing that he told me was pretty much "Welcome to Life." So I feel better about it and it just looks like I need to adapt to some stuff, which I am kinda excited to learn.

with tons of love,
Elder Garbett