Saturday, January 13, 2018

transfer 2 in the office

November 18, 2017

Well this week was pretty interesting:

1. Well first off we got to go and plan for the Christmas activity that we are going to be having soon and I got to meet some orphaned children. While my companion was talking to some ladies about the details a little girl about 7 years old walks up to me and asked me what my name was and just stared at me for like the longest time but it wasn't like a weird stare. It was one of those stares where there was that fault of love for that child because well she is an orphan. All that I can say is that after that I cannot wait for this activity to fall into place because it is going to be awesome.

2. We actually had time this week to where when we did go to proselyte we actually had a lesson and it was super kool because these people might actually progress. They were super attentive and just wanted to keep learning more. Like I know that when you tell people that Jesus actually visited the Americas they get interested but like these people went crazy and wanted to know how and everything. It just shows me that when we are putting everything into the work of the Lord that there are people waiting for you that will just accept the gospel. 

Well this week has been pretty interesting, as you can tell. I keep learning things right and left while being in this position as a secretary to president. Like for example the other night I received a call from a missionary who was talking to me about giving more call time on all of the missionaries phones because his zone has been running out of time a lot recently. This was in the middle of the night when I couldn't do anything so I just told him that it is something normal and that if they are running out now it´s just that they are wasting some time calling people and that they could be a little more efficient. Then he got super offended and started to say things like what is more important, salvation or less call time. And I just ended up having to tell him that there is just an order to everything just like the church and that I will look into that when I am in the office. Now that I am in this position I need to have a lot of patience with people and when people get like that it just frustrates me sometimes. I mean I thought I had a good amount of patience but now...... yeah I need a lot more. 

love you all tons,
Elder Garbett


I finally got a camera!!!
**but it didn't last long so he's without a camera again for a while  :-(