Saturday, January 13, 2018

MOST CRAZY WEEK OF MY LIFE! (oh yeah and happy Thanksgiving!)

 November 25, 2017

So this week was super crazy and a ton of stuff happened. Lets get down to the kool stuff:

1. So first off we had this 2 week training for the new missionaries. So I had to go out and buy breakfast for them (which is pretty normal) but also I had to get lunch. So we decided to call up a member in our mission to do it but when I called him up he said that he was out of town and he couldn't do it. So in that moment my companions had the crazy idea for us to cook the lunch but the thing is that they didn't want president to know. They wanted it to be a surprise that we were going to make sloppy joes. Plus I had to give a training during the meeting so I could not see the process the entire time. But before the end I got to help a little bit in setting up and during that time I was super nervous. And when president walked in he had this super shocked look on his face and I was all like we are dead. But then I heard sister Amato speak up and she said "DANNY! Look! the secretaries cooked! And its awesome!" and after that everyone loved the food. So we can actually cook for 50 people. 

2. So last week there was a face to face for the Young single adults with Elder Oaks and Ballard and before that happened they asked if the missionaries could attend it. So we were all planning on going to see the face to face. But what ended up happening was that a missionary had to go home for some reason and he had to be at the airport right when the thing started. So I missed out on all of that but I ended up getting to at least listen to it while I have been working here in the office and it was super awesome. There were some inspiring answers and impressions that I received during that.

3. So for some reason a bunch of the missionaries phones have been dying on them. Luckily for me I had enough temporal phones to get to every area that has needed a phone and I had to go and take all of the busted ones to the area offices. It was super kool because I got to meet the technician and he did a run down with me on how he knew if a phone has been abused or if it just was a straight up horrible equipment. So that was really eye-opening.

Well a lot of stuff happened here in Lima this week and you all probably are wondering how was thanksgiving down here in Peru. It actually was a pretty normal day. We knew that it was going on because some lady came to the offices to drop some packages off for some missionaries. But we ended up having to stay in the offices late and then we received this text from our pension saying that we need to be there at 8:30 with some scriptures ready to go about marriage. So we are all freaking out thinking that our pension is thinking about divorcing and we show up and he says that we needed to stay outside for a moment longer because the bishop was there and things just got super silent. After about 5-10 minutes they open up and we walk in expecting to see bishop there but all we see is a giant table full of food ready to celebrate thanksgiving. I mean first off we were all super relived but it was also a super touching experience because we all thought that it was just going to be another busy day at the office but that just turned everything around. I mean I didn't cry but I did get teary for a moment there. But I will just say that I am thankful for my wonderful pension who is absolutely amazing. 

Love you all,
Elder Garbett